The 30 Day Book (Blogging) Challenge

Every year around this time, I start to get the "book challenge" itch.  I've done a 30-day book challenge on Facebook for the past two years, with generally positive response.  I've also had this blog for two years, with generally positive response.  However, it gets sadly neglected.  I wish I had more time for writing.  It somehow seems as though the fall of the year is a renewal for me, a time that I want to write and reflect.

As I have done the book challenge in the past, I find myself forced to think about myself as a reader, a writer, and a learner, and those are all valuable elements for every teacher to have.  I think that completing these challenges makes me better at being a good role model for my kids.  And, as the responses by adults have generally been positive as well, I thought I would try to incorporate the challenge into being a better blogger.

For those of you who have spent any time in the archives, you may find this to be a rather schizophrenic blog.  And it is true; I write about many disparate topics.  However, I believe that there is a common thread.  I love my job, and I seek to be the best teacher I can be.  In order to do that, I believe it is absolutely necessary for me to be aware of and active in learning, reflecting, writing, and advocating.  You will notice that these four topics underlie every post.  I am either learning new things, reflecting upon what I already know, writing about topics that are important to me, or advocating for changes that need to be made in education, politics, or my own classroom practice.

And so, to myself, I say, "Welcome back to the blogosphere, you slacker!"  And to my readers, I say, "I really hope that you enjoy reading this, and that you are inspired to read, write, reflect, or advocate in your own lives!"  Cheers to 30 days of books!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gradeless Classroom: A Feedback Hack

Slice of Life Day 7: Sticks and Stones...