SOL6: Sleep is just not taking no for an answer

So I sat down to write this slice at 9:24 pm.

Tomorrow I am leaving to go to a conference, which I will present at during the 10:00 AM time slot tomorrow morning. My presentation is not done, and my co-presenter and I haven't really talked about what direction we want to go for this session.

This afternoon I ran around my room like a crazy person, because not only did I have to be ready to leave for 2 days, I had to be prepare for a field trip tomorrow (and leave instructions for my sub so she would know how to get the kids taken care of).

We had a faculty meeting after school today, and I had car duty.

My housekeeper is coming to clean tomorrow, so I had to come home and clean so she can come and clean under my mess (Yes, I have a housekeeper. It's the best investment I have ever made!).

And my in-laws arrived for a brief visit this afternoon so they can attend my son's band concert tomorrow night, and we went to dinner tonight.

And now, I am trying my hardest to stay awake long enough to comment on some other slices, but everyone else in the room is snoring and my bed is calling my name. After two beers and a hearty serving of carne asada, I believe I may have to answer it.

Good night, y'all.

Comments

  1. Same, Girl, SAME. I left for a conference--had what I thought were AMAZING sub plans--had to text back to my para to ask the sub if she knew about the tornado drill that would be happening in 15 minutes. Uuuuuuhhhhhhhh....NOPE. But my kids knew what to do, where to go and what she should take with her. Whew! Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Slice of Life 1: When the World Hates You

Slice of Life Day 7: Sticks and Stones...