Poem-A-Day: One more for the road...

Well, April draws to a close. After two months of two back-to-back challenges, I am ready to take some time off to think and write in my notebook. I have sadly neglected it in trying to write and rewrite content for this daily challenge. I'm looking forward to writing more about my classroom again and reflecting on how this year has gone (but NOT daily)! But before the month of April officially ends, here's one last poem of the day.

Related image

Landscape in Neutral

You speak of promises
of love unfaithful.
You speak
in syntax of Corso.
I see you now in a field of neutral
Helter skelter to trees below.
Your image floats down
crashes up sharp-edged stones
submerges under white foam
surfaces over a still blackness.
I lean over the bridge,
feeling like a muse as freezing water laps my boots.
I am the vestal lady on Brattle.

The grey-edged pond and white sun
suck the color from my flowers,
leaving a blank canvas.
You ask me for this chip on my shoulder,
but your yoke is light and your shoulders weak.
This burden is mine... mine.

My tulips have all wilted
red memories meekly pressed in books.
I know your memory is trapped beneath rapids.
Fish it out and purge,
purge the blood out.
Turn the page.
Add another neutral.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slice of Life 1: When the World Hates You

The Gradeless Classroom: A Feedback Hack