Slice of Life Day 22: On a dark desert highway...

I was driving all evening. Back to the beach. As the sun went down and I ran out of podcasts to listen to, I tried to find some music. When I stopped to fill up with gas, I put in one of my Beatles CD's, and some Simon and Garfunkel. Unfortunately, the tree pollen has been so kind as to gift me with laryngitis. So I can't sing along. As it turns out, Simon and Garfunkel are pretty soporific when you can't sing along.

As the white lines blurred and the dark highway stretched ahead of me, I knew I was in for a long drive. Even though I only had 24 miles to go before I reached my exit, it was far enough that I was stressing. My head was bobbing and my eyes were weary. All I could think of was the bed waiting for me at the condo.

Finally, I decided the best plan would be to scan the radio stations. And it turns out, you can keep yourself awake by clapping enthusiastically along to Ed Sheeran's In Love With the Shape of You. Thank goodness it was dark.

Comments

  1. I tend to listen to talk radio when I have a long drive. Especially at night! Although if I have a great cd and no one is with me, I’ll sing at the top of my lungs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it home safely. I enjoyed reading your slice, reminding me of drives I have taken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate driving tired, it's the worst. Bouncing around to some loud music and gum are my go-tos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clapping and driving? Oh No! Jokes aside, I hope you are feeling better and the Laryngitis has gone away.

    Driving is not my forte. When we moved to Wisconsin, Amaze had joined a softball league and was playing for school team = I get good exposure to surrounding area.

    Best wishes for a good weekend on the beach.

    Purviben
    @TrivediZiemba

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it odd how a short stretch like just 24 miles can feel endless sometimes? The image of you clapping and driving is priceless! Glad you made it safely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's scary when you're that tired and have to drive - especially at night. Glad you are safe. You took me on that road with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Slice of Life 1: When the World Hates You

Slice of Life Day 7: Sticks and Stones...