SOL Day 17: On This Day

On this day,
I will stretch lazily as I wake up without an alarm.
I will drink three cups of coffee.
I will finish a book (or three).
I will scratch my dog behind his ears and feed him treats.
I will watch the sunlight stretch across the sky from the chair in my living room.
I will read blog posts and articles that I bookmarked this week.
I will watch Grey's Anatomy and basketball.
I will walk outside, barefoot.
I will wear stretchy pants, all day long.
I will write in my notebook.
I will enjoy silence.

I will not be hurried.
I will not be irritable.
I will not care that the sun's passage marks the day's end.
I will not wear makeup, or shoes, or uncomfortable pants.
I will not hear noisy teenagers.
I will not speak, much.
I will not be unproductive, though it may seem to some that I am.
I will not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own troubles.

This day, this time
is enough.

Comments

  1. This day, this time is enough-living proof that you are committed to spending the day on self-care and finding inspiration. Little did I realize that we were already Twitter buddies, Christi. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way the transition from what you will and will not do are related,-"I will enjoy silence." "I will not be hurried." Thanks for your slice, a good one for me to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need one of these days. Although we have nowhere else to go today, I find myself always doing school work. I might have to create one of these just to force myself to have a lazy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been planning this day for a week! And though I did find the motivation to get up and clean the bathrooms, I checked everything off this list. I cleaned with some Carole King blasting! I'm pretty sure I burned off enough calories cleaning that I can enjoy a glass of wine later!

      Delete
  4. Sometimes we need to renew. We need to give ourselves the guiltless permission. Mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoyed your day. It sounded lovely. You captured what you needed to renew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great structure. I love that you planned this day ahead of time and thus doubled the joy by adding anticipation to the mix. I hope you enjoyed your day as much as I enjoyed reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On this day, I will applaud your choices.
    On this day, I will enjoy some slices

    Purviben
    @Trivediziemba

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely day you planned for yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Slice of Life 1: When the World Hates You

The Gradeless Classroom: A Feedback Hack